Directions0/0 steps made
- Remove most of the hard thickened watercress stalks and discard
- Take the leaves and place in a stick blender or mini food processor
- Lightly dry roast (no oil) the pine nuts in a non-stick pan, gently turning every 20-30 seconds (they don’t take long to roast but burn very quickly. Don’t put the burnt ones in- they’ll ruin it). When slightly cooled, tip into the food processor with the watercress.
- Then add in all the other ingredients apart from the oil and blitz for at least one minute, scraping down the sides as you go along.
- When it becomes a thick paste, remove from the blender and place in a bowl.
- Then gently trickle in the olive oil and using a fork or handheld whisk incorporate the two.
- I prefer to mix the oil in by hand as otherwise; you get a pale green pesto, whereas I prefer a deep vibrant one.
- When done, top with oil and leave in the fridge where it can be used for up to 1 month