Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 150-180 ℃.
- Halve the tomatoes.. just in case you slice it the wrong way- make sure it’s sitting up like you’d slice an apple in half (I’ve made this mistake!)
- Lay the halved tomatoes side by side nice and snug in a deepish ovenproof casserole dish. They should be nicely hugging each other, not too spaced out or overcrowded…
- Lug the olive oil over (be generous!) till the tomatoes are swimming in at least half of it (this oil is gonna be used to make dressings or flavoured oil– I hate waste)
- Sprinkle over the garlic, herbs and loads of seasoning, please do not be stingy with the salt. Tomatoes love generosity so please flavour well. Maybe even a teaspoon or two of sugar if you don’t think your tomatoes are that sweet or ripe.
- Cover loosely with foil and cook in the oven for at least 3 hours. Check on them every so often. When they are really limp and developing a gorgeous tanned crust they’re done.
- When covered in olive oil, please keep in a dark and cool place so the oil does not spoil and it will last at least a few months.