Directions0/0 steps made
- Soak the quinoa, lentils and rice in water that has had a squeeze of lemon juice in.
- Soak ideally overnight, but at least for 4-6 hours with frequent water changes. When ready to cook drain all the water.
- Place a medium saucepan on low heat and add all the ingredients at the same time apart from the spinach and butter. Yes it really IS this easy.
- Stir at regular intervals to prevent from sticking to the base.
- It is cooked when all the water has been absorbed and you have a consistency similar to porridge.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and cloves (you do not want to bite into either of these)
- Add the spinach and stir it through to wilt it (you can use more or less spinach or other greens too such as big basil leaves, rocket etc.)
- Add the butter or coconut oil for further richness and comfort and serve either with some live (fermented) yoghurt and home made pickle or as a side dish to some grilled fish.