What is functional medicine?
You may have heard this new trendy word being thrown around for a while now. But for me, it is far from new. Functional Medicine is basically how medicine should be practiced, world-wide.
In fact, it should be renamed “Medicine”.
Like any other medical healing system, whether Herbal, Complimentary, Chinese, Alternative, Ayurvedic, Mayan etc.; a functional medicine practitioner:
1- looks at why you may be getting a collection of symptoms
2- looks at you as an individual (your symptoms, genes, family history)
3- looks at your environment (diet, sleep, exercise, stress, toxins)
4- understands that one disease does not tend to happen in isolation
5- best of all, and my favourite- knows your body has an amazing ability to heal itself, given half the opportunity.
And by using this approach, you are fixed….for good!
Functional Medicine is a remarkable, evidence based, scientific, holistic approach to you as a person and delivers incredible results.
Over the 7 years I have been practicing it, I have routinely helped my patients:
- Reverse their diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Lower their blood pressure and cholesterol without medications
- Normalise menstrual cycles, reduce PMS symptoms
- Get healthy babies, after unsuccessful IVF and multiple miscarriages
- Reduce the pain of inflammation (arthritis, migraines, tired all the time)
- Lose weight and keep it off
- Control their eczema, psoriasis and acne
- Reduce symptoms and signs of many autoimmune conditions such as Crohn's or Hashimotos disease
- Help decrease anxiety and depression and come off their medications