What is functional medicine?
You may have heard this new trendy word being thrown around for a while now. But for me, it is far from new. Functional Medicine is basically how medicine should be practiced, world-wide.
In fact, it should be renamed “Medicine”.
Like any other medical healing system, whether Herbal, Complimentary, Chinese, Alternative, Ayurvedic, Mayan etc.; a functional medicine practitioner:
1- looks at why you may be getting a collection of symptoms
2- looks at you as an individual (your symptoms, genes, family history)
3- looks at your environment (diet, sleep, exercise, stress, toxins)
4- understands that one disease does not tend to happen in isolation
5- best of all, and my favourite- knows your body has an amazing ability to heal itself, given half the opportunity.
And by using this approach, you are fixed….for good!
Functional Medicine is a remarkable, evidence based, scientific, holistic approach to you as a person and delivers incredible results.
Over the 7 years I have been practicing it, I have routinely helped my patients:
- Reverse their diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Lower their blood pressure and cholesterol without medications
- Normalise menstrual cycles, reduce PMS symptoms
- Get healthy babies, after unsuccessful IVF and multiple miscarriages
- Reduce the pain of inflammation (arthritis, migraines, tired all the time)
- Lose weight and keep it off
- Control their eczema, psoriasis and acne
- Reduce symptoms and signs of many autoimmune conditions such as Crohn's or Hashimotos disease
- Help decrease anxiety and depression and come off their medications
I am dr. Ashvy Bhardwaj: a medical doctor, nutritionist, functional medicine expert, personal trainer and single mum.
Oh, and I am pretty good in the kitchen too!
I work with patients who have all manner of symptoms, getting to the root cause of their problem and offering lifestyle solutions that put these diseases in remission.
My patients have these things in common:
- They want to see one doctor who can fix all their health problems, and not keep on referring to other specialties.
- They know that the conventional “one size fits all” model hasn’t worked for them.
- They want regular contact with their doctor for support and advice along their transformative journey.
- They are completely ready, willing and able to transform their health.
"Our first consult was such a relief to me, finally someone who wanted to actually help me and was confident in their approach to do so."
S. Moore, Ashford
"By taking a very measured and easy approach to my diet, I’ve actually managed to shift my mid riff. Years of fad diets couldn’t get these results!"
L. Bhatti, London
"I was so unhappy with all the drugs I was on.
Over the time dr. Ashvy got me off most of my medicines including antidepressants."
T. Smythe, Sydney